
Is he adorable or what? I was working on getting a good picture in his "Born to be a Wildcat" onesie for ACU Today (ACU's alumni magazine.) Although I'm not going to use this one since you can't see the onesie, I just had to post it! In other Ryland news, he got his first tooth today! It's so weird to me since Cade was almost 11 months before his first tooth. We thought he was going to be gumming his first birthday cake! Ryland, however, is on a quest to be different from his brother, and this is just one of the ways. He hasn't been too fussy, but I knew a tooth had to be close because every time I pick him up, he just sinks his gums into my shoulder and stays that way until I pull him off. Fortunately, it doesn't hurt!
This is Cade's first experience this summer with watermelon. Last summer he liked it some days and not others. Today he ate about half of the watermelon. Chris had cut smaller pieces of the watermelon for him, but check out the size of the piece he picked up! Lately when he eats something good, he turns to us and asks us, "Like ick, momma? Like ick, dadda?"
This kiddo keeps reminding me that I have to be careful now that I have a mockingbird for a son. You would think this wouldn't be too hard since I really don't use bad language. But it's amazing the little things you do when you're not thinking about whether anyone's paying attention. Not surprisingly, it usually occurs when I'm driving. Recently I was pulling out of a parking lot, and I wanted to get going to make the green light at the next intersection. The cadillac in the lane I needed was creeping along. "Come on, old people!" Okay, I'm not always nice when I drive. "MOMO PEOPLE!!!" came echoing from the backseat. Just what I need to teach my son, how to be rude to the elderly. So the next time I was in bad traffic, I told myself I wasn't going to say anything. We were stuck on 75 (it took us over 30 minutes to go 3 miles) and I was a little frustrated, but holding my tongue. Then I realized that Cade was imitating the exasperated sighs I was doing! Just a little thing, and yet he's catching every bit of it. I better go around doing nothing but singing praise songs...or maybe I'll just keep repeating, "Yes, Mommy. Whatever you say, Mommy!"

5 comments:
Yanno, you really could make this fun. Like, "Momma is always right" or "Daddy, momma needs new shoes".
Oooh...I've got some thinking to do about how I could make this work in a few years...
"Momma needs new shoes"...I like that!
Can't believe you don't have me as a link! Rachelvarney.blogspot.com! Hook me up, girl! We need to catch up!
what sweet boys! i can't believe cade went for such a huge piece of watermelon! does he spit the seeds out? :)
Yes, absolutely adorable! I'll be keeping a lookout for Cade in the next ACU Today. He really does look like you. Must be the eyes.
I cracked up when you talked about accidentally teaching your son to be rude to the elderly. Funny girl. I can see that you're already on your way to turning the mockingbird stage around to your advantage. :)
Post a Comment