Saturday, March 22, 2008

He's a Big Boy!

What better time than a good week after the fact to post about Cade's birthday? (March 14)

I treated Cade to a day of his favorite things, so we ate cereal on the couch and watched PBS, then took a trip to the mall to ride the train and eat lunch. Cade got a fun surprise in the morning, when Chris' parents sent him a balloon bouquet!

He's saying, "I'm three!" in this picture. He's a little slow on fixing his fingers...

We let Cade open a few presents before his party, since we didn't plan to do that with everyone there.


Big, cheesy grin for the camera. We may never capture a natural smile again.

We had a very small party for Cade, following the old "as many guests as their age" rule. Cade seems to enjoy small groups anyway, so a few of the boys he plays with the most were invited for pizza, cake, and backyard fun. I didn't ask anyone's permission to post pics of their kids, so I'll forego that, but Cade really enjoyed having his friends there!


Grandma Cheryl (my mom) made Cade a cool hot air balloon cake since Cade LOVES hot air balloons. He got so excited about this cake!


Blowing out the candles. He was too quick for the photographer!


Mmm, yummy. Cade loves cake and grandma's a good cook!

I can't believe I have a three year old. Who told him it was okay to grow up? Oh well. Happy birthday, Cade!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Happy Birthday Cade! Looks like it was a great one. I can't believe he's 3!!

AW said...

Happy Birthday Cade!

Good grief...where does the time go???