So my mom-in-law is in town for a few days to help me with the kiddos, and let me tell you, I'm excited! In my first week of being a mother to two, I've learned that I will never keep up with my friends who have more than two young children. What do you do when they're both crying? What do you do when they're both hungry? Why didn't I think of this before having a second child?
Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited that Ryland is here. I LOVE having a newborn again. I love when they're so little that they just sleep most of the day and lay on your chest all curled up and sweet. I love the close relationship from nursing a little one. I even love their adorable, tiny, little diapers!
Of course, I also love singing songs, and reading to Cade, and taking him to the park. He's a lot of fun right now as his speech is starting to take off and he's getting more and more into games. The problem is how do I accomodate both of them? Any suggestions?
I know this is a very temporary phase as we adjust, but I have to admit, the idea of spending our lives savings to hire a nanny has gotten very tempting...
So back to my mother in law. Here for a few days to give me a little help. My mother in town is very helpful, too, but having someone who's here entirely to help will be nice. I hope it will be a chance to really bond with my MIL, too. For some reason, I'm always sick or something when we're together. Right now I'm healthy, so let's hope it stays that way!
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
God bless the mom-in-law!!! And believe me, I have spent many a nursing sessions on the couch, with baby sharing my lap as we are surrounded by other little boys and their books, cars, superheros, or whatever we are playing at the time! It never fails that the moment the baby is fussy and hungry, big brother is vying for your attention. My advice... give it to him... make him a part of it all... teach him to be a helper and bring you diapers, grab out the wipes, take the diaper to the trash and wash your hands together... Micah is still to this day the hugest helper! I need him this year while he is off to kindergarten! And it makes me so sad that he has grown up so fast.... Cherish these moments!
More advice... keep little snack-size bags of snacks packed in a handy place where he can reach. Let him sit and have a snack while you feed the baby. Life is so different the 2nd time around, but these 2 little guys will be best buds in no time! Bless you, my friend!!
It's about time honey!!! Yay! So excited to see you in blogger land! And Ryland is too cute!! Miss you guys!!
Well it's about time you joined the club!! Yeah!! I was talking with Angela at the ACU reunion and telling her how I missed you and missed keeping up with you. How old is Cade now? 20 months? I'm afraid I don't have much helpful advice for you because Levi was over 2 1/2 when I had Titus. I do remember in the beginning reading alot while nursing (like Summer said) and even popping in a quick sesame street video or just making up a story to tell him. Now I can just say, "I need you to play by yourself for a little whie" and that works pretty good. Don't worry you'll get your rythmn. And Ryland is just adorable!! Congratulations!!!!!
One more thing I thought of- someone else gave me the advice of talking to Titus as if he could understand me- but doing it really for Levi's listening benefit. So I would say things like, "Titus you have to share Mommy. It's my turn to play with Levi right now." And then it didn't seem to bother Levi as much when it was his turn to "share Mommy."
RAINA!! Welcome to blogging land. I love seeing pictures of your boys. Sorry I don't have any "Mother of two" advice for ya, but I sure am glad there are some of you blazing the trail ahead of me. I'm sure I'll have lots to learn from you (just like I am learning from you with Korben).
ABL
hey, girl - you still doing ok? we need to see some new pics of that sweet baby!! ;-)
Post a Comment