Monday, June 04, 2007
Big Weekend
It was a big weekend for Chris and I, and we're still a little exhausted! Thursday night we had tickets to see the musical "Camelot." Not a favorite, but it was good to have a date night! Friday was our anniversary, so we headed to a Japanese hibachi restaurant, and then to Putt-Putt. We joked about betting on the game, and we should have because I WON!!! I never beat Chris at anything (except foosball...and I'm sure I could win Scrabble, but he won't play me) so I have to brag a little. Saturday was Chris' birthday, and we had friends from church over to cookout. We put out Cade's new kiddie pool that looks like a giraffe. He LOVED it! He was only coaxed out briefly to eat, which was nice because it allowed us to actually socialize with our friends. It was a fun evening. Sunday was full because after the morning church services (which were awesome thanks to an amazing guest speaker, Voddie Baucham) we went back in the evening to help with New Member stuff. I don't know if that sounds like as much activity as it felt like, but it was pretty busy. Fun busy, though! This week I'm mostly going to be getting ready for Chris' parents' visit this weekend. We're probably going to be painting the living and dining room while they're here (they love projects) so I'll have to post pictures of that when we're done. We finally got new floors in the kitchen and entryway over Memorial Day, so our house is looking really different! I guess that's our main news for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So sorry I missed the party - it sounded like a ton of fun! And I can't wait to see the new floors...you should post pictures. BTW...if you're in-laws get bored after painting your place, we have some kitchen cabinets we'll be working on painting...
:-)
Andi
Sorry we missed the party!! I came down with the stomach bug this weekend. I'm sure you would not have wanted me there anyways. It sounds like everyone had a good time.
When you in-laws get finished with your house and the Weathersbee's project, send them our way...
:)
That does sound like a VERY busy weekend. I beat RRL once at putt-putt in COLLEGE and i still remind him occasionally. i think i even still have the scorecard (that is how rarely I beat him at anything).
Haven't seen y'all in awhile. Hope you're doing okay???
Post a Comment