Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Cade's Spaghetti Recipe

Cade has decided to start helping me a little bit more in the kitchen. The other day he noticed a chair pulled up in front of the stove (I'd been looking in a cabinet above it, and since the stove and oven were off, I hadn't hurried to move the chair back into place yet.) He climbed up on it, grabbed a butter knife and said he was cooking. I asked him what he was cooking, and he said, "Umm...agetti!" Of course, I was relieved that I wouldn't have to cook that day.

Today, as I was cooking dinner, Cade started rummaging in the drawers that I've always left baby-safe items in. He grabbed two muffin tins and put them on the counter, then asked me to get him a chair so he could cook too. He again said he was making spaghetti. I gave him the chair, a mixing spoon, and a bowl, and I kept at my business of our actual dinner. I was so amused when I looked over at what he was doing! He was filling the muffin tins with anything he could reach, which included the following: a sippy cup, two pacifier clips, and crusts from a piece of French bread that I had given him when I was slicing it for our dinner. I wish I could've taken a picture, but Ryland had pulled up on my pants legs, so I was just shuffling around the kitchen trying not to knock him over! I'm not sure this recipe will make the next Betty Crocker cookbook, but it did look easy and fast if anyone wants to try it!

No comments: