I spent around a month fighting illness, which is why I was heard from so little for awhile. I don't know if I had three viruses, or one, a relapse, and then another, but I felt crummy for what felt like forever. I might feel better for a day or two, and I would spend that catching up on cleaning, laundry and groceries, then I'd crash again. I've finally felt pretty good the last ten days or so, but I've stayed busy with getting ready for Ryland's birthday and making stuff for our church's Trunk or Treat last Wednesday. Now, I hope to catch up on normalcy.
I've had one project going on that I'm really excited about and will post finished product pictures of. I've been making Christmas stockings for the four of us! When Chris and I married, we never got real stockings for our home. I just picked up some pretty Dollar Store stockings for decoration since we spend every Christmas at one of our parents' homes. Then when Cade was born, I started a search for family stockings, but couldn't find something I liked. My MIL offered to make us some like hers, which was super sweet of her, but I kind of wanted something new to all of us. I decided to try to make them, but had no idea how or what I was going to make. I got Cade a cheap stocking since it's not like a nine month old knows or cares about his stocking and I needed more time. Last year was especially pathetic, because Ryland actually never had one at all. We had three stockings hanging and the poor little guy was left out. This year, I got serious about it, and I started early since I knew this could take a non-sewer a LONG time to figure out what to do. Fortunately, I found plain stockings I like and beautiful appliques and buttons to sew on. My mother came over to remind me how to do difficult things like thread a needle and tie a knot (hey, I told you I'm a non-sewer!) and I started in. And to my surprise, it's going REALLY WELL! My stockings look amazing so far! I've finished all but the names on three of them, and I should be done by the day after Thanksgiving, which in my world is the first eligible day to decorate for Christmas (a task that should always be done as soon as possible.) I'm really proud of myself since I could probably win a contest for the least crafts-y person alive, or the fewest crafts completed in a lifetime.
Stay tuned for updates on Chris, Cade, and Ryland!
2 comments:
Can't wait to see the finished stockings! Neil and I don't have any and until I read this post, I seriously didn't even think of one for Jonathan. (This coming from the girl who didn't celebrate Xmas growing up. I didn't even know it was against "the rules" to open pressies the night before. At least to the W family!) :-)
Hey...I miss you. We need to get together again before Jonathan starts high school!
I'm so sorry you've been sick and I didn't know. I know how it feels. My house never seems to catch up! I hope you're finally over it all! I can't wait to see the stockings! See you tomorrow!
Post a Comment