I don't typically consider myself a lucky person. Blessed, absolutely. The main things in my life are all blessings from a very gracious Father. But lucky? Not so much. I'm not the one to win door prizes or drawings, find money on the ground, or any of the things that are usually left to chance. In fact, I can be quite unlucky...if you consider 30 hours of labor, or having the wrong leg operated on unlucky, that is. I do. (Again, distinguishing bad luck from the really hard things which are better termed "trials" or "sufferings" or something serious.)
Anyhoo, this past weekend was one I had been looking forward to for awhile. For Christmas, my parents gave me and Chris a voucher for a night's stay in a hotel with a fancy Sunday brunch while they kept the kids. We haven't left the kids overnight since Ryland was born, and they've been getting up a little early lately, so it was a good time for a break. I had scheduled the weekend once, and had to reschedule because my grandmother came in town, so we were chomping at the bit by the time Saturday came. We gave instructions to my parents, kissed the kids goodbye, and drove to the hotel. But as we started checking in, the guy behind the counter pauses suddenly and says, "Okay. I need to let you know about the situation with your room..."
At this point I'm thinking, "I have a reservation. There cannot be a situation with our room!!!"
"...you see, we sold completely out for tonight..."
"RESERVATION.!!! I. HAVE. A . RESERVATION!!!"
"...So we had to upgrade your room to the luxury suite for the same rate. I just didn't want you to go in there and be worried that you were going to have to pay extra."
The luxury suite? SCORE!!! So I'm excited to find out what that means. I guess it's got a little nicer amenities, and I'm sure it's a little bigger, right?
Chris and I got in the elevator and went to the top floor (clue #1.) Our suite was right there when we got off (clue #2.) We opened the door and gasped.
It was bigger than our house. And had more bathrooms. And more TV's. With cable! (Okay, that's not a luxury, exactly, but we don't have cable, so it's cool to us.)
WHOOHOO!!!
There was an upstairs and downstairs, a sauna, and the softest bed I've ever been on. It was so much fun! The only bad thing was having only one night to stay there!
Now if we'd gone our original weekend, we probably wouldn't have gotten this deal. And we're not sure why we were chosen for the upgrade anyway. So maybe I can have a little good luck now and then. Or maybe it was Chris' luck. We all know he's the luckiest man around. After all he's got me! Oh wait, that's a blessing.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so awesome! I always wanted that to happen to me. I hope you guys got some good rest!
Oh my goodness! What fun!
Score for sure! That happened to Neil and I a few months ago when we went to FTW to stay down in Sundance Square. Nice surprise!
WOW!! That is awesome. What a treat. I'm so glad that you guys got a break to rest a little without the boys.
That is so AWESOME!! And, I love the way you told the story! :)
Post a Comment