Thursday, November 13, 2008

More About Maylee

Just wanted to post a few more pictures of our little sweetie, and share a few facts about her name per several people's request...

First of all, it's pronounced "MAY lee" (rhymes with Haley, Bailey, etc.) Several people have wondered if it's "MAY LEE," but no.

And is there a story behind the name? Actually, yes. While Cade and Ryland were baby book names, I stole this one from a family I met while in grad school. I had just moved to Dallas to get a degree in Early Childhood Disorders, and I had to take a two semester class on developmental assessment tests. We were told that we needed to find a typically developing child under age three to practice and be graded on our administration of these tests. I was stressed about this since I didn't know ANYONE in Dallas yet, much less parents to a toddler. That weekend Chris and I visited a church and were talking to the assistant pastor when an adorable little girl came bounding up to him. I hoped he wouldn't think I was weird, and asked permission to work with his daughter. As you might have guessed by now, her name was Maylee (actually spelled Malee) and the incredibly sweet family let me spend a year testing their precious daughter for practice. Maylee's not really named for her exactly; I just kept the name in mind and it has a great association with it. And her middle name, Michelle, is my middle name.

Here's Maylee with the precious blanket given by our new friend, Tiffany. She has a friend who makes them in all kinds of colors, so if you're interested...

And here's the picture of Cade and Maylee that I meant to put in the last post. I LOVE how thrilled he looks! He really loves his baby sister!


5 comments:

Kama said...

So adorable! I love the pink bow!! I can't wait to see her!

The Kings said...

She is beautiful and I love the name!

Mie said...

And...I'm gonna butcher the spelling, but Mei-Lei (said more like the incorrect "MAY-LEE" version) means beautiful one or beautiful something in Mandarin.

AW said...

Great story! Such a cutie.

I know it's not the same, but to go along with Mie's comment above: Mei-Li was a name we considered for a girl.

Jaime said...

She is so precious! I want to hug her and squeeze her!! Congratulations!