Friday, August 17, 2007

Random Facts

I'm so behind on blogging and reading blogs, I didn't even realize I'd been tagged for this! I've now been tagged a couple of times at least, so here goes...

The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (**if you’re a non-blogger, you can email them!)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I love to eat frozen M&M's or frozen chocolate chips with a glass of milk. The unusual part? I like to take a little sip of milk and hold it in my mouth while I toss in a few M&M's. Then I crush it all up together in my mouth. I don't know why I started that, but it's the best way to eat frozen chocolate!

2. I have an unusually difficult time understanding what people say when they have an accent, especially an Indian accent. I also have trouble distinguishing lyrics to songs. I find this odd since I'm very strong in both language and music areas. I can tell you what notes someone is singing, but not necessarily what they said!

3. My husband is the only person I ever dated longer than about six weeks (usually by my choice.) I used to have the longest crushes though! I liked one guy for about six years through junior high and high school, and another through the first three years of college! Things just always worked out better in my head than when I actually went out with someone. Until Chris, of course!

4. Some of you know this, but I actually had the wrong leg operated on when I went in for knee surgery about 10 years ago. Fortunately, they only scoped it before discovering the mistake, so the big operation was saved for the knee that needed it, but I still woke up to having had both legs operated on when I only expected one.

5. I've never been to a major water park and ridden anything. I say "and ridden anything" because I did go to Hawaiian Falls last year to help with VBS, but I was pregnant and couldn't ride any of the rides. I would love to, though.

6. I LOVE kids Christmas movies! I love the magical feeling of the Christmas season, and I love movies that capture it. Some of the movies that I feel like I have to see before Christmas every year include, "The Santa Claus," "Mickey's Christmas Carol," "A Christmas Story," and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."

7. I'm a little bit of a popcornaholic. I especially crave it when I'm pregnant and nursing. It's a good thing that I need the calories at that point!

8. I visited both Alaska and Hawaii before I ever went to Oklahoma-a state that borders the one I've lived in almost my entire life. And I've still never been to Louisiana.

And now I'm tagging:

1. Christina
2. Elisa
3. Alison L.
4. Summer
6. Melanie
7. Anyone who hasn't been tagged
8. Anyone who has been tagged and not done it yet!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Yum, I love popcorn too. And to make matters worse, we have a Dale and Thomas store here where they 'drizzle' chocolate/peanut butter/ or anything else yummy you can think of over popcorn. Now, that's the only way I want to eat it!

AW said...

Mmm. Popcorn. I could eat this everyday I think. My favorite way to eat it? Mixed with Reese's Pieces and Spicy Rice Crackers. The perfect blend of sweet and salty, creamy and crunchy, spicey. Yummmy!

Another weird way that I love...just plain salted with a glass of cheap sweet champagne. Something about the bubbles...