Friday, January 04, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Should I be embarrassed that my friend had a baby and blogged on the same day and I can't manage to blog for almost two months?

Nah.

Here's the good, the bad, and the ugly for the last couple of months:

The Bad (who wants to end with the negative stuff)

Too much sickness and runny noses this winter. A funny story, though. Ryland caught a stomach bug one week when Chris was out of town. The next night, after going to bed a little queasy, I woke up at 2am to hear Cade crying and throwing up in his room. I brought him to my bathroom because I was going to be sick, too, but I had to wrestle him to get him to throw up in the trash or in the toilet. When my turn came, Cade watched me "aim" into the toilet and started saying, "Good job, mommy. Good job!" Never thought I'd be complimented on my barfing abilities.

My grandmother passed at Thanksgiving. I couldn't decide whether to put this in the Good or Bad section because it is a good thing for her. She's been waiting to go home to the Lord for a long time. But it seems too weird to put in the Good section. It's hard to see my mother lose her mom.

The Good! (Not remotely an exhaustive list, just a few hightlights)

Finished and am happy with my stockings! I'll post a pic when I get my pictures sorted out.

Got to see all my best college friends at a wedding in early December. So fun to catch up with everyone! I miss seeing those girls more often. Interesting note: there are four of us who have 11 boys between us, and no girls! Bets are on for who will have a girl first! (I hope I win!)

Had a great trip to San Antonio to see Chris' family for Christmas! It's really great to have in-laws who I truly enjoy. They are so good to us! Pictures of Christmas to come...

The Ugly

Our credit card bill after Christmas...

Well, it's not that bad, but I had to think of something to write here. Mabye I should have written "my blogging abilities!"

1 comment:

AW said...

YAY!!!! She's back!!! LOVE the throwup story. I can see Cade's love language is words of encouragement. LOL!

And I'm SO sorry to hear about your grandmother. Please tell your mother I'm so sorry.

I try not to think about such things in my own family...lalalala...but I know that it's just a matter of time. I'm not ready. :-(