Thursday, August 09, 2007

Changes

It's been a busy few weeks! Lots of things have changed since my last post, so I'll just hit a few highpoints.

1. Changes at home: We've been painting and putting upland crown molding lately. Pretty soon I'll post some before and after pictures. So far this summer we've changed the hard floors in the kitchen and entryway, painted the living, dining, and laundry room, rearranged things in the living room, and put up a mantle and crown molding. We've done some stuff outside, too, but it didn't change the look. With all the inside changes it feels like a different house! I love it!!!

2. Changes in the kids: Ryland has become a livewire lately! My laid-back little guy who waited until 7 months to roll over has started crawling, pulling up, and cruising. He'll let go for a few seconds and is contemplating walking! All his physical feats require constant narration on his part ("dadadada," "yeyeyeye," "ababababa," and "NAYNAYNAYNAY!!!") He'll eat anything offered to him, and weighs a substantial 21.5 pounds.

Cade keeps learning to string more and more words together. His English is a little caveman-ish, but it's fun to hear his thoughts. If there's a noise around the house, he'll exclaim, "Cade hear someping!" Sometimes when Ryland fusses Cade will say, "Don't worry Ryry...Cade's here." And every morning he wakes me up saying, "Popsicle, mommy? Popsicle?!" He's supposed to start a two day a week Mother's Day Out in about a month, and honestly I'm having second thoughts. If we take Cade up to church childcare more than once on Sunday, he doesn't want to go. He'll even ask to stay home the next day. How's he going to feel about being gone for five hours twice a week? He's only two; it's not like it's required or anything. Plus, I'm planning on doing Mother's of Preschoolers again. That means in a week that MOPS meets, Cade will be in childcare four times. I stayed home for a reason, so maybe that's too much. Any mom who reads this and has an opinion or personal story, please let me know what you think.


3. Changes in me!
Umm, no big ones really. I got a new, shorter, hairstyle last week. I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (really good book!) I've had a little cold...man I'm boring. Oh well. Maybe I'll try to do something exciting before I post again.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Glad to see an update....I knew you had to be up to something. Can't wait to see the "new" house. That's cool that Ryland has come alive. That's just starting the fun stage.....to me anyway. I love his name for Ryland. Hope we can get together soon!

Marcia said...

I'm not sure what string of blogs just led me to yours, but it was a good surprise. It was great getting to see you, Chris, and Ryland last week.
Marcia

Pandamonium said...

Harry Potter is exciting! :) I'm glad you liked it! - Amanda

AW said...

Loved seeing an update from you! And Cade comforting "Ryry" - that is too cute!